Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Fall Front Porch Fun
I have been in denial that it is fall! Summer is over! The tan has faded! I am officially a football widow! I got a message from my blog friend in Houston that I share a brain with and she told me I need a intervention! She told me that it was time to pull out my fall decorations and snap out of it. I don't mess with Texas...so that is exactly what I did. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought some fall flower stems and feathers (of course), letter initial and made a wreath. I wrapped the feather stems around an old wreath and stuck all the other flower stems together in a bunch at the top! Easy breezy! Then I attached the initial with of course....cheetah ribbon(any chance I get use animal print) to the center of wreath. I then per the magic brush, painted the initial black! Then at the park today I pulled down some dead tree branches (hello FREE..can't beat free decorations) and stuck them in my pots along with the other stuff. I think it turned out pretty stinkin cute! Can't beat decorating to get ya out of a rut! More expensive than chocolate, but a lot less fattening! Thanks Girly Stuff!





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
I just found your blog through Girly Stuff. I love your fall front porch, great ideas!
Well, sounds like fall can officially start!!! Love the new decor girl!
Too cute!!! I have wreath envy! And I love the urns!
I am so glad you are onto Fall! I knew you would have great decor!
I Love it tall girl! Love the additional branches in the pots. I want a "A" wreath!!!!
Looks Great!! I love the fall.... Pumpkins, mums, coffee at anytime, fall candles! Oh I love it.. So ready to decorate now.
You are seriously talented! I could use your help decorating my living room! Your entry way looks awesome. We need to get together sometime and you can tell me about the sleeping issues! I want to DEFINITELY do things different with my next one (lesson learned!) Luckily, Bailey is back to taking naps, but she won't fall asleep on her own. I would love to hear what you did.
And I would love to take pictures of your family sometime, although I would never charge you! I am still SO beginner, it would be a favor for me to gain experience by taking them. Let's get together sometime!
Blog surfing! I found your blog via Anie's. What a cute wreath. I have had mine forever and it inspires me to make a new one this year. So talented!
LUV it Shauna. You did an awesome job and I LUV the two pots on your porch. You always inspire me...
So beautiful, that's one heck of a friend you have, not many women will take the time for an intervention! My favorite part of the makeover is the initial, so unique!
Are you for hire? I am just too busy to do too much decorating this year and too broke.....I did score some pampas grass from a neighbor friend and made a new arrangement for the living room.
You go girl!
Shauna that is SO beautiful!
Very cute! And really goes so perfect with your red door! Ahhh if I can get my baby room done I should pull out something for fall!
Post a Comment