Saturday, February 13, 2010

Alexis's Baptism

Alexis was baptized February 13th a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. She was baptized by her daddy. It was a beautiful ceremony and we were so blessed to share this special day with so many friends and family. After the ceremony we had a large party back at our house to celebrate the event. I will never forget her smile and sweet spirit that day, it was priceless. I remember walking into the room seeing full with all our friends and family who love you and you sitting there in white, grinning from ear to ear, and how beautiful you looked. It took my breath away and brought me to tears.
Dear Alexis
First of all I want you to know how proud I am of you. It seems like just yesterday that you were born, and oh what a blessing you have been in our lives. From the time you were a little baby I have sung to you every night the song, “ you are my sunshine” You are my sunshine, my only sunshine , you make me happy when skies are gray, you’ll never know dear how much I love you so please don’t take my sunshine away. I pray that you will continue to be my sunshine, and bless our family with your sweet spirit, I pray that you will continue to be a ray of light in the lives of others and that through your light and example they will see the light of Christ in you. Today you have been Baptized and now you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost as your eternal companion. Do you remember the day when you came home from school and you were telling me how these kids were doing this thing on the playground and you didn’t know if it was okay or not? I then asked you how you felt in your stomach and heart when they were doing it. You then told me it made you feel yukky inside and made you heart hurt. I preceded to tell you that was the Holy Ghost telling you that it was not a good thing to do. The Holy Ghost can help us in so many ways it can help you by making you feel yukky inside like it did that day at school to guide you to make good choices or to tell you something is not true, it can feel like a warm blanket wrapped around you to testify of the truth of our Savior Jesus Christ or as an answer to a prayer, It can speak to you in a still small voice to guide you or protect you. I pray that you can use this gift to bless your life and that you will be able to recognize the Holy Ghost as it guides and directs you in life. The Holy Ghost will be your eternal companion if you do your part and choose the right. Love, Mom





4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so special. I love the letter you wrote. I didn't know about the baptism till the day after...would have loved to see her. She is such a beautiful girl...inside and out.

Magic Brush said...

I'm so sorry I missed it! Your letter was wonderful... she will treasure that always!!!

Have a blessed day! said...

I cried during your letter. What a wonderful resource she can reference when doubt clouds her mind. I pray all these things for her too!

Kiera said...

What a sweet post.