Monday, September 29, 2008

Sarah Palin

This was written by a friend of mine Laretha in response to a email I got against Sarah Palin (I attached email at the end of this) I reached out to her and other to help me respond to the email because it haunted me for days.... I am so frightened for our country and mad at the left wing media. I want every American to read this eloquent response to the below email written by eve ensler. It is our duty as Christians and Americans to educate ourselves on the facts of this election and stand up for what we believe in. Dear Friends, I don't usually get caught up in all of this political crap but I have spent a lot of time researching the facts...I wanted to vote on the truth not what the left wing media wants us to hear, I found it disturbing the amount of false information in Eve Enslers piece...such as the library books, evolution and most disturbing abortion..please take time to google an abortion when a live baby disabled or not is pulled from its mother, the is then baby stabbed in the back of the neck to drain spinal fluid and killed...promise me all of you will look at that then hold your own babies and tell me that is ok. This response is out of love, not to create hard feelings I just want you to see my side as I have taken time to see yours.

I am having Sarah Palin dreams. Dreams that children are
riding on the front of snowmobiles in the protective arms of
their parents, they are laughing. Dreams that children are
cherished from conception and not throw away due to
convenience.
Women are empowered when they are cherished and honored for
who they are in Christ. When women in all societies and
countries are free to dream, live and be passionate about
what they were created to do and be.
Feminism to me is fighting for the rights of all women in
all walks of life in all countries from the womb to death.
For women to be able to live the dreams God placed in their
hearts without ridicule or shame. It is defending women at
any cost. It is doing the right thing even if it means war.
I believe the Obama/Biden ticket is one of the most
dangerous of our history. From denying the rights of
innocent children born alive to believing negotiating with
terrorist is even an option. To hand our country over to a
man who believes children are a burden and a problem leads
our country down a path that is sure to lead to destruction.
Our children are the future and should be nourished and
protected. This is a scary time in the history of our great
nation and to take away the freedom fought so hard and won
by so many innocent lives be taken from us by the blind
liberals should strike fear in the hearts of every American
citizen.
Obama doesn't believe in creation. To define when life
begins is above his pay grade. He voted "present"
more times than he ever voted FOR something. He believes in
NOTHING – he will fall for ANYTHING. Folks, wake up!
What other decisions are above his pay grade? How will he
vote when our nation depends on him?
We should fight to put our unborn children on the
endangered species list. Not the animals God put on this
earth to nourish and sustain our lives.
We should look at the facts on abortion. That women and
men are NEVER the same after making the choice to abort
their baby. We should look at the fact that pregnancy due
to rape and incest happens in .01% of the cases of rape and
incest. That is less than 1%. We should not create a
society where we make abortion a form of birth control and
say we did so in the case of rape and incest. It is simply
not a fact of the lives we live in. We should educate
ourselves that outside the emotional pain of abortion that
the increased risk of breast cancer and uterine cancer are a
very real and scientific fact. We should educate ourselves
that women who have abortions suffer a higher risk of
infertility later in life. We should educate ourselves…
We should educate ourselves that both sides of this lie
about the other. We must research the facts and make our
decisions based on fact and not the emotions that get tied
up into the negative ads of a political campaign.
I write to American's. I write because I believe in
the American people to do the right thing. I believe in the
American people to defend the rights of all humans. I
believe in the American spirit. To do the right thing at
any cost. If the rights of all humans do not motivate you
to do everything in your powers to elect McCain president
then don't vote at all. Do not cast your vote for the
American hating, "above my pay grade" Obama
ticket. Think of the men and women who sacrificed their
families and their very lives to allow us to enjoy the
freedoms we enjoy today. Think of the children of our
future who will one day run this country with dignity, a
strong moral compass and integrity we can all be proud of.



Written by Eve Ensler, who wrote "The Vagina
Monologues," the
award-winning Broadway play.
Drill, Drill, Drill
I am having Sarah Palin nightmares. I dreamt last
night that she was a member of a club where they rode snowmobiles and
wore the claws of drowned and starved polar bears around their necks. I
have a particular thing for Polar Bears. Maybe it's their snowy whiteness or their bigness
or the fact that they live in the Arctic or that I have never seen one in person or touched one.Maybe it is the fact that they live so comfortably on ice. Whatever it is, I need the polar bears. I don't like raging at women. I am a Feminist and have spent my life trying to build community, help empower women and stop violence against
them. It is hard to write about Sarah Palin. This is why the Sarah Palin choice was all the more insidious and cynical. The people who made this choice count on the goodness and solidarity of
Feminists. But everything Sarah Palin believes in and practices is antithetical to Feminism which for me is part of one story -- connected to saving the earth, ending racism, empowering women,giving young girls options, opening our minds, deepening tolerance, and ending violenceand war. I believe that the McCain/Palin ticket is one of the most dangerous choices of my lifetime, and should this country choose those candidates the fall-out may be so great, the destruction so vast in so many areas that America may never recover. But what is equally
disturbing is the impact that duo would have on the rest of the world. Unfortunately, this is not a joke. In my lifetime I have seen the clownish, the inept,
the bizarre be elected to the presidency with regularity. Sarah Palin does not believe in evolution. I take this as a metaphor. In her world and the world of Fundamentalists nothing
changes or gets better or evolves. She does not believe in global
warming. The melting of the arctic, the storms that are destroying our cities, the pollution
and rise of cancers, are all part of God's plan. She is fighting to take the polar bears off the endangered species list. The earth, in Palin's view, is here to be taken and plundered. The
wolves and the bears are here to be shot and plundered. The oil is here to be taken and
plundered. Iraq is here to be taken and plundered. As
she said herself of the Iraqi war, 'It was a task from God.' Sarah Palin does not believe in abortion. She does not believe women who are raped and incested and ripped open against
their will should have a right to determine whether they have their rapist's baby or not. She
obviously does not believe in sex education or birth control. I imagine her daughter was practicing abstinence and we know how many babies that makes. Sarah Palin does not much believe in thinking. From what I gather she has tried to ban books from the library, has a tendency to dispense with people who think independently. She cannot tolerate an environment of ambiguity and difference. This is a woman who could and might very well be the next president of the United States. She would govern one of the most diverse populations on the earth. Sarah believes in guns. She has her own custom Austrian hunting rifle. She has been known to kill 40 caribou at a clip. She has shot hundreds of wolves from the air. Sarah believes in God. That is of course her right, her private right. But when God and Guns come together in the
public sector, when war is declared in God's name, when the rights of women are denied in his name, that is the end of separation of church
and state and the undoing of everything America has ever tried to be. I write to my sisters. I write because I believe we hold this election in our hands. This vote is a vote that will
determine the future not just of the U.S., but of the planet. It will determine whether we create
policies to save the earth or make it forever uninhabitable for humans. It will determine whether we move towards dialogue and diplomacy in the world or whether we escalate violence through
invasion, undermining and attack. It will determine whether we go for oil, strip mining, and coal burning or invest our money in alternatives that will free us from dependency and destruction. It will determine if money gets spent on education and healthcare or whether we build more
and more methods of killing. It will determine whether America is a free, open, tolerant
society or a closed place of fear, fundamentalism and aggression. If the Polar Bears don't move you to go and do everything in your power to get Obama elected, then consider the chant that
filled the hall after Palin spoke at the RNC, 'Drill Drill Drill.' I think of teeth when I
think of drills. I think of rape. I think of destruction. I think of domination. I think of military exercises that force mindless repetition, emptying the brain of analysis, doubt, ambiguity or dissent.
I think of pain. Do we want a future of drilling? More holes in the ozone, in the floor
of the sea, more holes in our thinking, in the trust between nations and
peoples, more holes in the fabric of this precious thing we call life?
Eve Ensler
September 5, 2008

5 comments:

Snarky Belle said...

Way to go! I love that Shauna.

I am so happy we have found each other's blogs! :)
Thank you so much for the comments you left for me. You have always supported me when I miss Victoria the most, you have a strength that I admire, and thank you for sharing it with me.

I miss you too, and think about you more than you know!!
Your kids are absolutely precious!!
Love you,
Natalie

Shauna said...

I just started this blog crap ( as you can tell my links are still messed up) to get all my political crap of my mind.... I am going to explode! Between the two of us we could be dangerous :) Maybe that is why the two of hot heads get along, I love your name for yourself, I need one of those....bitchie blonde? that has a nice ring.

Amber said...

That rocks! I'm right with you...I am scared to think of what will happen if obama wins...

Unknown said...

Thanks Shauna!

Anonymous said...

That is really good! I just don't know how McCain is going to win this thing he in Glenn Beck's words, "we can either vote for a lieing Marksist, or an Honest idiot" I just wish we had a better canidate to vote for! What will this world come to if Obama gets in! I told my mom that if he does win we just may be moving home because who the hell knows what is going to happen...ug!!!

Love you to peices and can't wait to see you for Christmas!!!