Tuesday, September 30, 2008

garage sale

So this weekend we had our big neighborhood garage sale (which by the way was great fun and made some cash that's burning a hole in my pocket)... and I decided it was time to clean out the storage room and get rid of all the baby stuff! I went down to the storage room today to get some meat and my storage room once full of big bulky baby stuff and bins full of tiny little clothes is empty. I felt my heart ache and then my eyes filled with tears. I stood down there wondering where all the years had gone....when your in the thick of it you wonder if you'll make it and if you'll ever fit in those old jeans again, if you'll ever get a good nights sleep, if you'll ever stop smelling like spit up, if your boobs will ever just be boobs again! Just like the song says " your going to miss this, your going to want this back, your going to wish these days hadn't gone by so fast, these are some good times, so take a good look around you may not know it now, but your going to miss this. It is crazy how everyone tells you that, but when your in the thick of it, its hard! Then that phase of your life is gone...its crazy. I am excited for the next phase in my journey of motherhood for true joy is in the journey not the destination ...but for today as I look at my empty storage room...I am going to promise myself to slow down a little and enjoy the 3 beautiful gifts that God has given me to raise....before my empty storage room becomes an empty nest.

7 comments:

Sam Ransom said...

Oh I'm sad that I missed it. I'm a sucker for looking at garage sales. I'm trying so hard to enjoy every bit of Sariah. I don't look forward to having to part with all her baby things. I'm in NO hurry for her to grow up!!

Snarky Belle said...

Beautifully said!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, were you ever going to tell me that you finally got a blog??!! It's stinkin' cute! Ah, I was just thinking about this post yesterday when I wished I could make my babies the ages your babies are again. I love the phase we're in but I'm also feeling much older. There came a turning point this year where my mind and body crossed over into a new phase itself, where the strenght of a young mom and the energy and vitality that goes with that, left me. I miss it. I'm left with the wonder if I would have done it different and I do have regrets. I hope that you will learn from the regrets of myself and others and just enjoy every moment you can. Your babies disappear so fast. The baby phase seems to last forever but the next 10 years are a whirlwind.

Unknown said...

You've been tagged girl...come and check my blog.

LA Law said...

I just found your blog. It looks like you are VERY busy....as usual! You can see what we've been up to
ddkjt.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

I'm so happy to be able to talk to you again. I miss you! And dangit, I wish I would've known about your garage sale! You're such a wonderful mother; I doubt that you've ever taken for granted a single moment of your babies' lives.

Anonymous said...

How in the H#@% have I not know about your blog? I am so excited you decided to blog! Did you really get rid of all of Jack's stuff I would have paid money for the goods his mommy buys for him! Dang girl share the love:)