Monday, December 8, 2008

The best gifts






This weekend my dear friend Hilary came in town for the weekend with her daughter Elizabeth and newly adopted son Maquire. We had an awesome time. I can't keep thinking about how this weekend helped me remember the true meaning of Christmas and that the best gifts aren't always under the tree. What a beautiful gift Maquire is, and what a amazing gift his mother gave him when she chose life not abortion at her young age of 14. What a selfless gift of love when she gave him to Hilary and Bill knowing they would give him the gift of a better life and more than she could offer. The gift of motherhood to Hilary, whom has ached and pained to have another child. It was a gift to me to see her with a baby and her joy, after all the pain. The gift of a sibling for Elizabeth. The gift of knowing that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. The gift friends whom showed up a busy Saturday morning in December to a baby shower to show there love, support and bring gifts. The gift of knowing that no matter what trial were going through in life were never alone. The gift of a noisy house full of laughter and ciaos. The gift of service showed by the McAttees, to help the Morgans is an example to all of us. The gift of true friendship, one that is there to ride the highs and lows of life with. I am grateful for all these beautiful gifts I saw this weekend. I hope this lesson will help me not get overwhelmed by the stress of the season, and have a more Christ centered life.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

A truly beautiful post...and a nice gift.

Rob and Sue said...

I just figured out how I could post a comment...hooray! Thanks for your beautiful thoughts, they are important for all of us to remember.

Sam Ransom said...

He was just too cute!!! Hilary really needs to start a blog so that we can have updates on him and Elizabeth!!

fung family said...

Oh, how I wish I could have been there for that!!! He is sooooo cute. What a gift. How wonderful to have everyone together. I truly believe that things had to happen the way they did for sweet little Maguire to end up where he did!! LOVE YOU and MISS YOU so much!

Carver said...

He is So handsome!!! Ps. I am counting down the days for you to come home- 5 more DAYS!!!!