Today is Alexis' 7th Birthday!! Why are kids so excited for their birthday they can't sleep? I on the other hand couldn't sleep, because I can't believe its been 7 years!! Seven just seems so old to me, and my heart feels heavy that it has gone so fast. The details of December 4th seven years ago are so clear it seems like yesterday. I labored all night December 3rd only to have my contractions completely stop by morning. I remember going to the doctor that morning convinced they would admit me, because I was 2 days late and dilated to a 4. They didn't admit me! We (my mom was in town also) were devastated...It was a beautiful sunny warm December day so we went down to the plaza for a late lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and see the lights come on a 5pm. To make a long story short we barely saw the lights come on, I went into full on labor. I sat in a massage chair at Sharper image while I was having huge contractions. The drive from downtown to the hospital was a killer. Alexis was born that night at 10:00pm. That warm December day changed my life for ever. I never knew I could love something so much. You go from sleepless nights, to wondering if you have done all you could to make sure she is successful in life,....in a blink. Your happiness is wrapped up in them and weather they are happy. You no longer live for yourself, everything you do and your decisions from then on are not just about you. I could have never known seven years ago, just how amazing that day was...it was the day I became a mother. There is nothing greater or harder than that title. Alexis I love you, I love your zest for life..you wake up EVERY morning happy. I love how eager you are to learn and try new things, you never forget a thing. I love your competitive nature, and how you never give up. I love your smile and confidence in yourself. I love your almost annoying energy, and enthusiasm. I love your willingness to help others, and compassion. I love to watch you play sports, and how coachable you are. As I sing to you every night...you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when sky's are gray you'll never know dear how much I love you.. so please don't take my sunshine away. I pray you will always know who you are and how much we love you. More than anything I pray the world will not take your sunshine away, may you continue to be the bright ray of sunshine in my life, as you were when you came to us seven years ago. Happy Birthday pumpkin.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
My BABY is 7!!!
Today is Alexis' 7th Birthday!! Why are kids so excited for their birthday they can't sleep? I on the other hand couldn't sleep, because I can't believe its been 7 years!! Seven just seems so old to me, and my heart feels heavy that it has gone so fast. The details of December 4th seven years ago are so clear it seems like yesterday. I labored all night December 3rd only to have my contractions completely stop by morning. I remember going to the doctor that morning convinced they would admit me, because I was 2 days late and dilated to a 4. They didn't admit me! We (my mom was in town also) were devastated...It was a beautiful sunny warm December day so we went down to the plaza for a late lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and see the lights come on a 5pm. To make a long story short we barely saw the lights come on, I went into full on labor. I sat in a massage chair at Sharper image while I was having huge contractions. The drive from downtown to the hospital was a killer. Alexis was born that night at 10:00pm. That warm December day changed my life for ever. I never knew I could love something so much. You go from sleepless nights, to wondering if you have done all you could to make sure she is successful in life,....in a blink. Your happiness is wrapped up in them and weather they are happy. You no longer live for yourself, everything you do and your decisions from then on are not just about you. I could have never known seven years ago, just how amazing that day was...it was the day I became a mother. There is nothing greater or harder than that title. Alexis I love you, I love your zest for life..you wake up EVERY morning happy. I love how eager you are to learn and try new things, you never forget a thing. I love your competitive nature, and how you never give up. I love your smile and confidence in yourself. I love your almost annoying energy, and enthusiasm. I love your willingness to help others, and compassion. I love to watch you play sports, and how coachable you are. As I sing to you every night...you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when sky's are gray you'll never know dear how much I love you.. so please don't take my sunshine away. I pray you will always know who you are and how much we love you. More than anything I pray the world will not take your sunshine away, may you continue to be the bright ray of sunshine in my life, as you were when you came to us seven years ago. Happy Birthday pumpkin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
You are such a wonderful mommy! Alexis is a wonderful child that seems so grown up! I can't believe she's 7! She seems so much wiser than her age. They grow up too fast!
Happy birthday Alexis!!! We love you so much and wish we could be there to celebrate with you. We can't wait to see you in a few weeks. We will make cookies and watch movies. Love you and hope you have a great birthday. Love Aunt Krissy and Uncle Boo Boo.
I still think of her as my little Sunbeam!! Crazy!! She is such a wonderful girl though. You should feel very proud!!
I crack up anytime I see Alexis because she is such a mini-you (and you always make me laugh!). Happy Birthday to a sweetheart of a girl!
Time does go too fast, doesn't it?
Thank you for sharing these pictures, and your thoughts...beautiful.
Oh, and by the way, you look FANfreakinTASTIC!!!
Looks like tons of fun! She'll always be 3 to me though!
Geez...you look like a model too.
Now you need to go through and delete your blogs on your layout since you don't need them on there anymore. Go to your layout. Scroll down to that gadget and "remove" it. Also, there's a couple of other things we can do to tweak it so next time I'm over I'll check it out.
Also...go back and make sure your photo got put in the profile. We might have forgotten to "save" it. I don't see it on your posts.
You are such an awesome mom! What fun times! Have you lost tons of weight?
Post a Comment