Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Identity Crisis

I am worried that Jack is having an identity crisis. It all started with a football obsession which 'Football Coach' daddy loved. He wore this football helmet around the house all day, until his head would get sweaty. He wouldn't do anything until you said, "Set...Hut!" Which, then he would get down into a three point stance and charge off....whether it be to the kitchen table, the bath, or to get into the car. Whatever it was, it all had to begin with, "Set...Hut." Cute, for the first twenty minutes.....then you're like, "Come on already!"


Then, much to the proud daddy's dismay.....he went into the fairy princes stage:


...Even greeting guests at the door in full 'Fairy Princess' get up.


Then, he tried his hand as Michael Phelps....insisting on wearing not one, but three sets of goggles around the house for a couple of days:



Now, he thinks he is a dog...crawling around the house barking and licking everything. The best part about him being a dog is he obeys....when he goes back to being Jack, that character involves wild, uncontrolled behavior. The sisters love their new dog, they walk him around the house and he even does tricks for treats. I swore off animals, but this one doesn't shed or eat furniture...it even wears diapers so we don't have to worry about accidents.




I say, whatever he is....he is happy and so stinkin cute!

13 comments:

Magic Brush said...

OH my gosh what an adorable post! He is hilarious! At least he is entertaining!!! The fairy getup is killin' me!

Mesha said...

now THAT just made my night. and on that note...i'm going to bed because it's well, 1:07AM. (i knw, i knw - u'll yell @ me later) he's so stinkin' cute though - creative way of writing the post too. love it! love you! see you friday.

Amber said...

Look at you being a great little writer! Jack is so cute! AS Zach says "Jack is my Buddy..."

Mandy said...

How Funny... He is adorable!! I needed a good laugh this morning that was priceless!!!

Sam Ransom said...

Oh he is so cute! I love him in every getup!

McAtee Family said...

Ohhhh....Sophie will love this. She likes to be our little doggie - now the doggies can have a playdate together.

Unknown said...

He is one happy boy!
Wouldn't we all like to reinvent ourselves all the time! :)
Bridger used to act like a dog all the time. She would crawl around on the floor in the mall even and try to like people's legs.
I recently read that it is very common for the baby of the family to act like a dog. So there you go...I guess it's true!

Lechelle said...

Hahahahahaha!

LA Law said...

I love all of the pictures for each stage. It's great!

L said...

That is adorable and hysterical!!!

Girly Stuff said...

How cute!!

He is going to kill you one day for that! He will probably beat you with those fairy wings one day!

I think the phases are great. I remember my oldest had a "baby feet" phase. They were his right and left feet and they had their own voices and talked to you. "Baby feet is mad at you!"

fung family said...

BOYS are so much fun. I don't think they ever loose that desire to get dirty, pretend, and just be boys. At least I hope they don't. There is a certain boyness they have that is so cute. What a cutie!

Susan Anderson said...

Found my way to your blog from Snarky Belle and just had to say that I got a real kick out of this post. What a funny little guy you have!

Absolutely darling. (AND handsome...by turns.)

=)