Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Party

The day started with a trip to the neighborhood swimming pool, where a family in our neighborhood creates a pumpkin patch and gives free pumpkins to all the kids in the neighborhood.

Forget the pumpkins....they have FOOD!



After selecting the perfect pumpkin...we went to the Allwoods for the annual 'Pumpkin Carving Party.' It is so much fun, we look forward to it every year.

Jack was not much interested in carving pumpkins....as you can see:)


Alexis carved her pumpkin all by herself this year!






Jen, (aka...Magic Brush) taught us how to gold/silver/copper leaf pumpkins. It was so much fun and beats the heck out of scouping guts out of a pumpkin...YUK!!


Didn't they turn out beautiful?

3 comments:

Magic Brush said...

Dude... your pumpkin with the deep, deep cracks rocked!!!!! I think we should do it again next year!!!

Sam Ransom said...

What a fun idea! We didn't get to doing pumpkins this year. I was kinda a lamo mom being so pregnant. But I love how your pumpkins turned out!

Girly Stuff said...

How fun! You guys posing is SATC times 3! Cute group!

The kids in their pink are perfect!