That was of course not the case and decided I needed a new bed spread to go along with the new bench.
Then I decided I HAD to paint, so I called my dear ol buddy Jen at the Magic Brush and her favorite decorator Deb.
What do I do with my kids while I am accomplishing these projects you might ask yourself...
Then we decided that my FAVORITE faux finish that Jen does would look PERFECT in my master bathroom. I was like a dream come true. Easy enough...NOT!!
Before:
I had to strip the entire bathroom wallpaper down. (yes...I had eggplant PURPLE paint at one time, don't laugh. It used to be the "thing")
I missed taking pictures of the first THREE steps...this is us (me and Jen) stenciling on the damask print with charcoal luster stone. YUMMY.
We then glazed over the entire thing with a metallic lustestone...
Then the cabinets looked HORRIBLE...so Jen about gave me a heart attack. She said close your eyes and trust me. She distressed the crap out of the cabinets with all sorts of wild tools and then glazed over them with a stain.
Check out the difference...she is a GENIUS!
I bought plastic light weight crown molding, fauxed it, had hubby cut it to fit mirror and and attached it to the mirror with velcro. WOW
Then I made new curtains, got new towells and throw rugs.....
Sorry my camera STINKS...but the money saved for my new camera started this entire mess.
It is finally done and I LOVE, LOVE it. I am so grateful for my buddy Jen and all of her talent and help. I don't know what I would do without you...you continue to make my home a place I love. Most of all I am grateful for a husband that KNOWS when I say, "After this I am done...I promise." really means I have only just began:)


11 comments:
Holy Hannah...that's quite the transformation! It's so addicting and makes you want to start on the next project. I need to come see it in person!
Everything turned out absolutely gorgeous. The two of you ladies are quite the power team. Quite the force to be reckoned with . . . What's next!?!
LOVE IT! Even though I didn't get to see you for over a week...
ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! Love this transformation.
If you ever move let me know because I want your house!!!!!
That should have been on Extreme Homemakeover or something!
It is amazing!!!
I love it all! The cabinets and walls are awesome and the window treatments are perfect!
Good work!
PS I am SP...logged in wrong
Fabulous! I would sleep with my eyes open marveling in the beauty of my new master room!
It looks amazing! I love it! I saw that same seat at Marshalls and fell in love with it. You do such a good job!!!!
that girl is amazing with her talent...sheesh! I want to buy stuff just to watch her make it over!
Wow! That is amazing! Still want to see it in person!!
Post a Comment