I love bed time! Not just because of the obvious reasons of... finally some peace and quiet! But I love that time I spend with my kids every night reading books and talking about the day. I feel like no matter how crazy the day has been and no matter how much they have made me crazy, that time right before bed makes it all worth it, it feels my cup and renews my spirit. I especially love how the girls don't just get there p.j.'s on, they always have to "fancy" it up a little, especially if we are going to read, "Fancy Nancy" our favorite books. Sometimes it makes me crazy because the "bedazzling" up of the p.j's can take a little longer than I would like, but deep down I love it and it makes me smile! Like mother like daughter, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...being sassy is just in our blood! And then seriously, is there anything more precious than sleeping children!!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
The calm after the storm
I love bed time! Not just because of the obvious reasons of... finally some peace and quiet! But I love that time I spend with my kids every night reading books and talking about the day. I feel like no matter how crazy the day has been and no matter how much they have made me crazy, that time right before bed makes it all worth it, it feels my cup and renews my spirit. I especially love how the girls don't just get there p.j.'s on, they always have to "fancy" it up a little, especially if we are going to read, "Fancy Nancy" our favorite books. Sometimes it makes me crazy because the "bedazzling" up of the p.j's can take a little longer than I would like, but deep down I love it and it makes me smile! Like mother like daughter, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...being sassy is just in our blood! And then seriously, is there anything more precious than sleeping children!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
cute post! I love bedtime and talking about my kids' day with them too.
nothing more precious than sleeping children...other than their cool mom and fab bedroom!
You are such a fabulous mom. Sure you don't want to have more?
I too love that at the end of the day, you get that little talk time, no matter how crazy the day was!
Shauna - I love you! I love your girly girls and your all boy - boy!
precious post honey!
That is so great! How cute! I love the glam!
How did I miss this post? Your kiddos are so adorable! And we love the Fancy Nancy book you bought for Ava! Bedtime.... it's so nice!
Soooo true. Bedtime always brings those moments where I realize how blessed I really am. And by the way, you are a rock star! The girls' room looks amazing.
Oh Shauna, what a nightmare on that last post. That looks like a mess. Did you get the carpet re stretched? How does that work? I remember one time I was using black paint on something inside and Spencer or Parker came down and knocked the can over in my kitchen. It ran down the island and under it and all over the wood floors. I seriously thought I was going to beat the kid. This was pre - floor mate days. What a mess. Love the financial advise in that book. It is hilarious!!
HMMMM, I wonder where the girls get their sense for accessorizing?
Just cherish those quiet little moments, as they change so fast! You are a terrific mother and I know you are creating memories that will last a lifetime with those little ones.
hi! found your post on nester's site. love your decorating!! i will definitely look for more decorating pictures. thanks for the inspiration!
Post a Comment