Monday, March 9, 2009

Accesorizing my Cabinets

Well I have been busy the last couple of weeks fighting off the winter blues with a little re-decorating, for some reason nothing makes me more alive than a good project (unfortunately for Bill). With the help of my wonderfully talented friend and owner of the Magic Brush, we glazed the cracks of my cabinets with a darker brown color to make them have more depth and character, that of course led to getting new pulls. What a fun way to update my kitchen and give it some warmth...and come on how stinkin cute are my new pulls....yes they are a little over the top! But I say go big or go home!!( you should have seen my hair in Junior High and High school:) Thanks Jen, I don't know what I would do without you!

The Finished Product:
New Drawer Pulls:
New Pulls for Cabinets:
Old Contemporary Pulls:
Picture of the Process:
The one the only beautiful Jennifer Allwood...

11 comments:

Sam Ransom said...

I love the new pulls!! I was just talking to my sister yesterday about doing new ones in my kitchen. I have the ugly cheap gold ones- not my taste! I love the ones you picked out!! I may have to find some like that!

Dennis and Cherise said...

Beautiful! It has the old rustic kind of look in a way...real homey feel!
Hugs
Cherise
Oh and thanks for your comment..love ya bunches =)

Unknown said...

Turned out great...I'm glad you posted the final result!
Really, the pictures don't do justice to the way it looks in real life...beautiful.

Snarky Belle said...

LOVE it, and I really need a Jennifer Allwood!

Amber said...

Yes, They do look much better in person! I'm waiting for your post about the girls AWESOME new Bathroom! Best bathroom I've ever seen!

Magic Brush said...

Girl you know you got mad faux skills without me!!! It looks SO GOOD and it a great example of how little things make big impacts. I enjoyed paintin' with ya for a little while. I think I have handle envy..... they are soooo wonderful!

Post the girl's bath next!!! I am living vicariously thru all your fun projects!

L said...

I am SO glad you posted this! It looks so great! Jen said you are doing the girls bathroom. I can't wait to see it!

Love ya!

Magic Brush said...

Let's just look at those great pulls again...... ahhhhhh... I'm good now.

Delise said...

Wow Shauna! Looks fabulous!! I love the pulls, not too big at all!!

Anonymous said...

Luuuuuuuv it!! You've got great taste, lady. And I feel the same as you- there's nothing that'll get me out of a funk more than re-decorating!!!!

Anie said...

Oh my stars, I just found your blog and I love your kitchen cabinets! Not to mention your suh-weet new pulls! Those are so hot! Now all ya need is your Granite counter tops!!!!!!! How exciting!! ^_^