Friday, August 21, 2009

ABC's of summer 2009

Okay, so school starts in one week and we just got back from another two week vacation to Utah. I have so many pictures and memories to post it is overwhelming. My overachiever friend Jen got an idea from her best friends, sisters, boyfriends aunt....(you get the drift) to do the ABC's of summer. The idea is you do an activity for every letter in the alphabet. I told my kids and they were so stinkin excited. We got a piece of paper, wrote down all the letters and I have carried it my purse since May. It has been so much fun. I feel like we have been on a three month scavenger hunt. The greatest part is that when you look at this torn up dirty piece of paper, it tells the story of our fun summer. My goal is to now transfer that piece of paper and our adventures to my blog. We have tried to take pictures of everything but some of that didn't happen.

A: Amusement park, and ATV rides
Riding ATV's at the cabin is one of our favorite things to do. We love to go for rides and look for animals and explore the mountains.



To start the summer off we went to 'Worlds of Fun' with our friend Darcy and Amber. It was Darcy's birthday and she invited us. We had a blast.


B: Barbecue, bubbles, Bear Lake and Boating

We had so much fun having barbecues, playing the bubbles and our favorite was boating at Bear Lake.



BUNS!!!






C: Cousins, Cabin, California Pizza Kitchen and Cannon Ball Contests!!
The kids had so much fun at Bear Lake getting to play with their 1st and 2nd cousins. Being that we don't live around family it was priceless for me to watch my kids bond with their cousins.





The Cabin....the picture says it all!!

Every summer at the neighborhood pool the kids love having cannon ball contests....this is Alexis showing her skills in Utah

We went to California Pizza Kitchen for lunch:





D: Donuts, Daddy and Dress-ups
I asked the kids what they wanted to get their daddy for Father's Day and they said, "Donuts!" One of their favorite activities with their daddy is to let me sleep in on Saturday morning and then go and get donuts. Everyone (especially me) loves this tradition.


The girls "Dressed" Jack up.....poor boy! Two sisters and a football coach daddy!


E: Ameila "Earhart" Festival
Every year in Atchison Kansas they celebrate Ameila Earhart. The have a stunt Bi-plane that does tricks along the river with a stunt man standing on top of the plane. The best part is the fireworks. They are choreographed to music and are AMAZING. The funnest part is actually the people watching:) This year we took the kids and the neighbors Avery, Oliva and Lane. We had an amazing night: great weather, fun, fireworks and funnel cakes! Anything that involves a funnel cake is fun.









EXHAUSTED


To be continued:

13 comments:

Amber said...

Oh what a fantastic Start! Great Job Girlie and what cute pictures!

fung family said...

Shauna, only you could look glamorous and fully accessorized in your grubbies, camping. Seriously you make the rest of us look bad. Just kidding. That is soooo cute and I'm totally stealing your idea next summer! Your kids are so cute, my favorite pic is the Buns!

Magic Brush said...

My favorite pic is also the "buns"! Girl you are holding out on me!!!! Talk about over-achieving!!!!! I had no idea you were going full force with this ABC thing! How fun!!!! Love your hat by the way...when can I borrow it?

Susan Anderson said...

What a summer! And what a cute family, too. I can't wait to see the rest.....

=)

PS. Thanks for visiting my blog. It's always fun to see a new face over there.

Snarky Belle said...

You are beyond cool!!! And as beautiful as ever...actually I think you look better every year! I'm with Jill, you make the rest of us look bad. It's a good thing you're such a sweetheart! :)

I love these pictures! I miss your family!!! Love you-

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, this is such a fun post! You guys are so cool!

L said...

love it, love it, love it! Great post, great pics!

LA Law said...

What a great idea! I'm not sure if I should tell my kids or not next summer :)

Lechelle said...

Wow, that is such a cool idea! And I had no idea about the Earhart festival, it looks so fun I will have to go next year.

buns!!! you "crack" me up.

Girly Stuff said...

You guys make Utah look good!

I am glad that you had no time to blog this summer! It looks like fun! Can't wait to see the rest of the alphabet. I will have to get my be-hind in gear next summer and do this.

Hope you are having a good first day of school!

Sam Ransom said...

Wow! You've had quite the eventful summer! I'm tired at E!

Mandy said...

What a Wonderful Summer!!! Now we have fall to look forward too!!

Mesha said...

...love all the pics - i'm going to have to agree that the "buns" pic is my fav. what a fun-filled summer.