Monday, August 31, 2009

ABC's of Summer: Part 2

F: Fishing, and Fountains
We LOVE going fishing at Bill's parents farm!!!

We let the kids run through the fountains at Gateway Olympic Center, the fountains are choreographed to the music of the Olympics...it was awesome.






G: Golfing...We took the girls only (in fear that Jack would use golf clubs as weapon or throw the golf ball as if it were a baseball!) We had a lot of fun and the girls both had a hole-in-one.



oh ya...hole-in-one baby!



I am cracking up....look at me and Lilly! We have the same pose!


H: High Dive, Hiking and Hawain Ice
When we started the ABC's of summer, Alexis said that for H she wanted to get over her fear of the high dive. She did it!! It was so awesome, I was a proud momma.
One of my favorite things this summer was hiking in the mornings while we were in Utah. It was so beautiful and peaceful. I enjoyed every minute of it and tried to soak it all in.



I did it!!!!

Nothing better than a Hawaiian Ice on a hot summer day.


I: Ice Cream Party
We had an ice-cream party with all the neighbor kids to celebrate the end of school!!

J: Justice
The girls decided for J they wanted to go on a shopping spree at 'Justice'. I am a Gymboree girl, so this was painful. We had a blast and they are little fashion diva's. The other day after church Lilly told me that they learned about talents. She told me how Heavenly Father gives everyone talents. She then asked me what her talent was. I told her to go think about something she was really good at. I then told her I was not going to tell her what it was, I wanted her to figure it out on her own. She came back and said, "I've got it Mom...I know what my talent is! I am very fashionable!" The crazy thing is that she is right! That girl can walk into a store and put together the stinkin cutest outfit.

K: Knee Boarding
The girls wanted to learn how to knee board behind the boat this summer for K. I was worried that they were too young, but after their 'Narley Nana' Sue showed them, they both got it down.



14 comments:

Unknown said...

Whew...you sure have packed in the abc's of summer!
Are you off work for the month?

DeeDee said...

Thanks for stopping to visit my blog today...I just love yours ..the background is so my style...hope you come back often to visit...

you pics look like so much fun.....

deedeescraftspot.blogspot.com

Magic Brush said...

Wow girl... you are busy. Those pics all look like so much fun!!!

LA Law said...

Way to go Alexis...conquering the high dive. Looks like a great summer!

Mandy said...

You have been busy! I love the pic of you and Lily in the same pose!

Girly Stuff said...

I remember my first high dive jump! Worst wedgie eva!

I just realized you and Jen have the exact opposite families when it comes to gender!

That youngest gives everyone a run for their money!

Sam Ransom said...

I love the picture of Lilly's hole in one! So cute! So many fun ideas- things I need to do with Sariah next summer!

abbycarlson said...

Can I come live at your house next summer?! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Too bad summer has to end...

Heather said...

I am so jealous of your summer! Clearly you guys had a blast. I love the talent story. Being fashionable IS a talent. As you well know (just by looking around), so few people are, so the fact that she's already got this fashion thing down as such a young age is remarkable :)

Gray Family said...

Great idea! I am going to use that next year. You are so skinny. I need to move to Kansas City so I can take your class.

Sam and Lacey said...

Thought I should let you know that I've been reading your blog because you always crack me up.

I love your mini-golfing outfit. You might need to tell me where I can find a zip-up like that.

Miss you in the New Mark Ward.

L said...

i love all these pics! so awesome! girl your girls are gorgeous just like you!

Lori said...

you have been busy! I miss you.

Mesha said...

i LOVE seeing all the pictures! such a beautiful family!