Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Giving up Diet Coke
So I started reading the book, "Master your Metabolism" it is by Jillian Michaels, who is the trainer on Biggest Loser. I decided after reading the book I should quit drinking Diet Coke. I know what your thinking....Crazy! I, the girl who instead of food storage has a year supply of diet coke in my fridge, I figure I will barter out the diet coke for wheat in a time of crisis. Let me continue to refresh your memory, I am the girl who has stopped at the same sonic for a Diet Coke with a slice of lemon (oh just typing it makes my mouth water) after teaching aerobics for the last seven years or more. Ya, they know me by name. I often don't even order they see me coming and run it out to me. It gets worse....they (the sonic car hops) gave baby gifts when I had babies. I once order two diet cokes with lemon because my neighbor Hilary called and asked if I would bring her home one, and when the car hop brought them to my car she said, "Bad Day??" I laughed and said, "No, one is for my friend!" My oldest daughter told me one day in the car, "When I grow up I want to be a car hoop at sonic, then I will get to see you everyday!" (sad I know) Don't get me wrong there is perks to this, I always get a discounted price and often they give them to me for free. Anyway, so back to me giving up diet coke. I did it. For less than two days. But I did it! Who am I kidding I am weak. It is my one treat for the day....I could bore you with my justifications, but I decided in everything in moderation. My new goal...only water after my one diet coke for the day. Scared ya...didn't I. Scared me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Yeah!! You can do it!
Today is my 4th day hopefully, without my diet Dr. Pepper. Granted I have substituted the Diet Rite, no calorie with splenda, and no sodium...But at least it's a step away from the aspartame! We can do it! And hey the scale has already gone down a bit! By the way, I want to borrow the book when you are done!
Thats Awesome!! Now I'm a diet sunkist fan and drink it way too much... What does the diet drink actually do? Will it cause you not to lose weight? Maybe I should just buy the book. I have her wii workout game "never have used it" I have to get back in gym I stopped when Seth came along 8 months ago. But I used to never miss cycle or total body. Although I have not gained I'm not as toned which stinks because its bathing suit season and as we all know you can't hide anything in a swimsuit: )
Hehehe! I used to drink Dr Pepper all the time. I finally had to quit cold turkey and haven't had it since. I rarely drink pop now at all. But I DO agree on the moderation. It is sort of a pick your battles kind of thing. If it lets you be less stress and enjoy life more go ahead! I think the water afterwards is a good move!
(I do feel like an outcast sometimes since I don't drink Diet Coke. It appears to be the in thing!)
I think everything in moderation is the way to go! Good for you woman. :)
And, you know me....I'm with Sam and the Dr.Pepper! Except for her part about not drinking it anymore, because I do. I have one every other day. Is that why my stinkin' clothes don't fit? No, that's probably due to my lack of exercise. Dang it!
moderation is great! Why is it that Jillian claims it's bad for you? I drink at least 1 Crystal Light a day. Anyhow, ttyl. Love ya, I know you can do it! :0
Good for you...I am hooked too and it is HARD to quit! I don't know what it is, but that stuff is SO GOOD! I decided I couldn't quit because I would just obsess over it and crave it all the time, so I have reduced my intake, once an addict always an addict! Keep us posted on how you do and any tips you can share. :) Maybe replace it with chocolate???
Diet Coke is a tough habit to break! I have had one for over a month now; however, I have switched to Diet Mt. Dew. They even have it in caffeine free now and I am loving it! I DO believe in moderation all the way, but I do like the idea of more chocolate too.
That's what I want to know what does it "do" to your metabolism. I know I need to give it up but right now it's gettin me through the day and all those screaming fit little princess enjoys so much. Seriously, she can go on and on and on. She puts the boys to shame with her wailing and screeching. it's impressive! Love you! Jill
I decided the same thing. If I have to eat vegetables and give up french fries then the diet cokes stay. One a day. And if I have to die of something, too much diet coke isn't a bad way to go! I justify it by saying I don't smoke or puff on doobies. So let me have my diet coke.
I couldn't find an email for you so here is how I did my project.
Here are some instructions on how I did it:
1. Searched for images online
2. Copy/Paste image into Microsoft Word
3. Played around with size
4. Printed it out onto Iron On Transfer Paper from Walmart
5. Followed directions EXACTLY to iron image onto center of fabric
6. Framed
Ha ha, she said "puff on doobies". That made me lol. I AM STILL LOL. Whew, made my evening.
Post a Comment