Before:
Before:
During...featuring the beautiful, Jennifer Allwood
It is Crack a Lacken baby....
After the goo, we rubbed a dark stain on it
This picture shows the panels before the alligator stencil
after alligator stencil
Then the entire island was glazed with a metalic bronze and then we detailed the cracks with a dark stain: My camera dosen't even come close to showing how beautiful it is in person. In real life it is so rich and beautiful.
Now it is time for the Desk:
Jennifer Allwood with the Magic Brush came over for the past two weeks to help me do my island and desk. I would like to thank her...and admit I was a little scared. It could not be more beautiful and it makes my kitchen feel so rich and warm. It is truly a piece of art. I love it!!


16 comments:
Oh my gosh...so worth it! It looks amazing!!
FANTASTIC!! I love it! :)
Came across your blog today... Love it!! And girl you can decorate come on over to my house and help me LOL!! No really cute blog and beautiful family. I will continue to check in. Have a great weekend.
It is so elegant and distinguished. No one will have a kitchen like yours. The finish really amps up your kitchen. I would love to check it out.
Looks AMAZING! You know it's going to be good when the before pictures look awesome! LOL I absolutely love it!
HA! I KNEW you were scared!!!!! (so was I.... shhhh... don't tell). Girl you gotta take some credit here tho'... you did most of it!!!!!! The desk you totally did by yourself!!!!! Can't wait to see it with the handles on. You know I really have "island envy" now! Thanks for being patient with the process!
I LOVE IT!!!
It is beautiful!!
So much detail! No wonder you are exhausted!
And I think I just discovered a new animal skin to obsess over!
It seems like it is good to have Jen as a BFF! Not only is she talented...she will also go ahead and push you into the pool scared or not!(at least she jumps in with you!)
You guys did a great job!
You should show more of your casa. It is pretty great from what I have seen.
Honey, I love it. Amazing. Now I really am homesick for you....I should plan a quick trip over Jack's b-day. (unfortunately that is just wishful thinking.:(
xoxox- mom
I love it! I am NEVER inviting you over; my house is so plain in comparison. You'll leave with a to-do list for me that's a mile long :)
Unbelievably Gorgeous!
Oh girl!! I can't wait to see it in real life! Amazing!
Oh my gosh that is beautiful, amazing, I am in awe and having island envy. That is really pretty. Are you going to do all your cabinets like that? I miss you! I have been neglecting the blog world. Life is so crazy, thankfully baseball is almost over. You are never going to want to leave that house! I am now trying to get my interior painted, it is painstaking. Every room needs to be painted. Well, except the few we've already done. It is all covered in builders grade flat crappy paint that is off white. I need some color! Love u~ Jill
WOW! IT TURNED OUT FANTASTIC! I can't believe I haven't been by to see it yet! Things are slowing down a bit now...We can get back to our playdates!
WoW! that looks great. I'm going to have to stop seeing posts like these because it makes me wanna go design crazy on a VERY limited budget. *sigh* i loved doing creative stuff when I was still living at home with my folks though because I had more of the time and funds to do so. I LOVE IT SHAUNA. i totally went to this store down here in the Dallas mall that reminded me of you and Jennifer through and through. I was like DUDE...can I take this store home, it was so cool. I was tempted to take pictures inside the store although I was afraid I'd get kicked out. haha.
That looks amazing! I love the alligator print, and I would never have guessed it is a stencil. You did an awesome job!!! What can't you do?
HOTNESS!! I want to come see this in person! I think that is amazing! I don't think I have the patience for it!
Post a Comment