Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Lampapalooza party

The Nester is hosting a Lampapalooza party! I have an obsession when it comes to lighting. I will find anywhere to hang a chandelier or put a lamp. So, here goes....I am hoping to win one of her famous tassels (another decorating love of mine)! Here are a few of my favorite finds and transformations.

My favorite chandelier transformation I have done is this one. I bought it for $29.00! To see more before and after pictures of how this was done go here:
P.S. Nester check out the third picture, I raised the curtains and did a little mistreatment (post on that later:)...they look great! Thanks!



I turned our 'never used' dining room into an office. I found the two lamps at Hobby Lobby for $6.20 a piece (BARGAIN BABY), I actually left the price tag on them for almost a year just to show people. Then of course, I hung a chandelier over the desk.

This chandelier I hung over the vanity in the powder bath. I badazzeled the shades with fringe.

This lamp was an old lamp I got at a garage sale. I spray painted the base and shade white. Then, I painted pink polka dots, added some fur trim, and a strand of pearl fringe. The entire lamp I did for under $15.00 (including lamp)! It is so stinkin cute.




These chandeliers I disassembled, spray painted shiny black and hung them over the girls vanity in their bathroom.

This Chandelier is over my kitchen table....you know my motto: 'Go Big or Go Home'. This was a present from my husband for our ten year anniversary. He knows how to get me going:)


12 comments:

Mandy said...

Girl, You are super talented when it comes to decorating!! I love love me some Hobbie Lobbies. My kids think that is our 2 home because we really do live in there.. I can't believe you paid only 6 bucks for those lamps. I'm a fan of Good Deal$$$. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Oh boy...now you've got me going! I just hung a chandie over a leopard print chair in my bedroom. I took it apart and sprayed parts of it black because it didn't quite match the room. I love it!
I still need to come see the grand champion in your entryway!

Lechelle said...

I so NEED to just come over to your house and tour. :)

The Nester said...

You did it! It looks great and I adore that chandy! And the shades! Super cute!

McAtee Family said...

Ahhh...and the envy sets in. My thought is that I could just randomly take home a light from your house everytime I am there - you would never notice, right?

Andrea said...

Oh My!! It's all so beautiful! I love the office especially...don't know that I would get anything done in there...maybe paint my nails at the desk to make myself worthy to sit there!

Magic Brush said...

I'm helping McAtee steal some....they are all so pretty!!!! YOu are super talented girl!!!!!

Amber said...

They are all so pretty! I love your bargain shopping too!!

L said...

Girl, you are so talented! Seriously! I need lamps. I'm with Jen and McAtee - 5 finger discount.

Sam Ransom said...

Very cool! I need to spruce up my lighting. It is probably my least favorite thing in my house.

Girly Stuff said...

I love it ALL!

You should do a room by room tour of your home. 'Cause the people want to see it!

I definitely love the "chandy on a stick!"

Lori said...

I love barganizing! You did a terrific job and I love it all. I hope I can stop by and get a tour. I could LIVE in your office!