To My Pre-School Graduate
They sang 5 little speckled frogs for the program and wore those cute frog hats.
Lilly getting her diploma
Lilly with her teachers Mrs. Sue, and Mrs. Mary
Lilly and her "twin" Easten Allwood
How did you know I had a chocolate chip cookie??
I thought it was so cute...Lilly wanted to decorate her room with her awards!! She taped her diploma to the wall, hung her award ribbon to her light.
I don't even know if I can write this post...being that the day before pre-school graduation I was in the hall waiting to pick her up and I heard the teacher say, "Okay kids, lets sing our good-bye song nice and loud because this is the last time." Out of NO where I started bawling in the hall, the harder I tried to stop the more I cried. It was hilarious everyone was looking at me like I was crazy and no one said a thing...they just ignored me. I am sure the were thinking what is wrong with this crazy lady. I just can't believe she is going to be going to kindergarten, it seems like I just blinked and it was over. I remember taking her to pre-school for the first time she was SOOOO excited, after watching her big sister go for the past two years. All the kids were crying and clinging to there parents, she walked in, picked up her symbol, hung up her backpack and went and sat on her carpet square. The teacher looked at me and chuckled, "Well she is ready isn't she." I don't know if this is so hard for me because she is so stinkin sweet, or if in some way I feel like because she is my middle child I didn't get to enjoy her as much as I wanted to. We never really got alone time, like I will have with the others. I think truthfully it is just selfishness on my part, she is my little buddy. She is my shopping partner, my fashion consultant, my assistant interior decorator and my partner in crime. I just pray that the world won't take away her sweet precious little spirit. Can't I sent Jack to kindergarten instead??? He only emptied half of my conditioner all over the upstairs yesterday, using the pump as a gun:) I am sure in a blink...I will be boo hooing over him to. So I am just going to try to take it all in.


11 comments:
Amen to that! Truly it goes too fast some days and other days never end. Come August we may all be singing another tune, celebrating school starting again:)
In a blink is EXACTLY right. I still remember cuddling little baby Lilly in the hospital, with Chloe still in my big 'ol belly. It is hard to believe they will be going to Kindergarten in the fall. Wow!
This was a sweet post my friend. It made me get all teary!!
Love ya!
Our middle babies are just so sweet, aren't they???? It pains me to think I gotta let him "be big". I'd rather we continue to cuddle on the couch....
She is such a sweet, funny girl. Let's enjoy them this summer. Then comfort each other as we take turns bawling in the fetal position on the 1st day of Kindergarten. Love ya.
Couldn't Jack use something like shaving cream instead of the expensive conditioner????? Bless his heart. Is everything soft now? hehehe
MAN DOWN, MAN DOWN!!! you know I had to. :) You've got the cutest kids Shauna, seriouslY! I can totally see Lilly becoming a fashion consultant too or staring in the next "Confessions of a shopaholic." I love her clothes every time I see her.
Our babies are going to school next year...It's frightening to me as well. But I'll just keep putting those feelings aside because we have another 10 weeks to have a ball this summer! We should have a mom's pitty party the day we drop off our babies. We will all be a mess!
You said it perfect. I can definately relate to those feelings. I especially feel for the middle child right now.
WoW she is your little twin! And yes in a blink their grown :(
WOW! I can't believe how much E and Lilly look alike!!!
Honey, I can totally see you in the preschool crying. You are such a social cryer! :-)
We will have a great summer and I will be there to take care of Jack and Ava while you and Jennifer cry all day on the first day of school.
I will be doing a dance! :-)
Love,
L
Yikes. I still want Sariah to be a baby. I know it is going to go too fast!
Precious
She is too cute! And her room is just wonderful!
I am all misty now after reading your post. I feel the same way about my guys. I don't even want to send my youngest to preschool because I don't want to lose my baby. And if it wasn't called truancy, I would keep my oldest at home with me too.
At least you have a long summer ahead of you before Kindergarten!
Post a Comment