While purchasing the big Chandelier in my entry way, my friend Jennifer Allwood said check out this chandelier it has good bones...you could fix it up and put it in Alexis's room. We bartered with the lady at the store and she gave it to me for $29.00 dollars. It was ugly tan, with gold chains....she probably should have paid me just to take it off her hands! Anyway, first and foremost I removed the gold chains, and spray painted white (it took 3 cans of spray paint)! I made custom chandelier shades, added some bling....Shauna style of course (which means.. maybe a little to much for the average person:)!) I bought necklaces and hot-glued them where the gold chains used to live. Then, no chandelier is complete without a medallion...so I painted a medallion to match her dresser. It is soooooo stinkin cute, I love it!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Good Bones
While purchasing the big Chandelier in my entry way, my friend Jennifer Allwood said check out this chandelier it has good bones...you could fix it up and put it in Alexis's room. We bartered with the lady at the store and she gave it to me for $29.00 dollars. It was ugly tan, with gold chains....she probably should have paid me just to take it off her hands! Anyway, first and foremost I removed the gold chains, and spray painted white (it took 3 cans of spray paint)! I made custom chandelier shades, added some bling....Shauna style of course (which means.. maybe a little to much for the average person:)!) I bought necklaces and hot-glued them where the gold chains used to live. Then, no chandelier is complete without a medallion...so I painted a medallion to match her dresser. It is soooooo stinkin cute, I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


19 comments:
Seriously... COULD IT BE ANY CUTER????? It's the perfect scale for her room! I love it!
Diggin' the bling you added!!!!!! And your mad medallion skills!!!! It is so cute!
P.S. I think you putting the shades on a water bottle to hot glue the fringe and add the fabric is INGENIUS!!!! Do you know how many fingerprints I have burned off with hot glue guns????
You are incredible!!!
Seriously Shauna...you amaze me. I bow in awe. Between you and Jennifer a girl could never get tired of pretty blingy things!
It's beautiful.
You are too creative!
I'd say the chandie had good bones but you got the brains girl!
It's even cuter in person!
Her room is so cute. I can't believe how crafty you are. My idea of redecorating Ashlyn's room was asking her which light she wanted and being thankful it wasn't the horrible bubblegum pink ceiling fan. Obviously she also loves bling too!!
Stunning...absolutely stunning!
You are so ridiculously talented. LOVE it.
Looks so awesome! You are so creative, just love it!
Okay- hot hot hot!! You are so creative!! I would never think to do all that! AMAZING!
Your talent just blows me away!
...cute. So I'm calling a fast from all bling, bedazzling and animal printed items - WHAT WILL YOU DO! haha love the creativity.
It turned out great!!! I love the shades!
Are we sisters? Seriously...
Cousins?
Sooooo adorable!!! You are incredible!!
When I move to my new house, will you come visit and help me find things with good bones...and then help me turn those things into AMAZINGLY precious, blingy things???
Please. Pretty, pretty, pretty please?!?
This is a beautifully constructed project and tutorial...so glad I stumbled by...thanks for sharing...
Will you be my mom and let me have that room?$29? A steal --that is after you made it look fantastic! I LOOOOOOOOVE it!
I'm gonna risk opening my big fat opinionated mouth....have you ever thought of raising up the curtain rod SUPER high? With the grandness of the room I think it would add so much height to the room and finish off the beautiful space!
Great job!
great idea..nester!! thanks for the advice.
Post a Comment