Monday, April 27, 2009

Wanna Get-Away

You know that commercial from Southwest Airlines.."Wanna Get-Away!" Well yes! Thank your for asking I do! First...I love my kids, husband, friends, family and my life. My life is good and full of bountiful blessings. BUT...I am feeling a little done, you know over cooked, charbroiled! Nothing is wrong I am not facing any major problems so I should not complain...but it is my blog and my mood! I think as a good Christan mother and wife we feel this pressure to be perfect and grateful all of the time. Today I am just being honest...my kids are driving me nuts....coo coo in my coco puffs crazy, Jack is wearing me out, and my husband has been working until dark for the last 10 days, I am feeling overwhelmed with the daily duties of keeping it all together, I gained almost two pounds last week while my mom and sister were in town. I feel like every nerve on my body is exposed, like when you have a cavity and you drink cold water. I decided today it was okay to feel this way...I think it is important to admit every once in awhile that you don't really have it all together...if anything it might lift someone else. Today I just wanna get away...not forever, just for a long weekend with my hubby, some sun and sand! I guess I will just settle for another sugar cookie, and try to find something to spray paint, or even better patterned carpet for the hall upstairs! I am cheering up already. Well the dryer just beeped time to go fold the third load of laundry today.

11 comments:

Sam Ransom said...

YES YES YES!! It is perfect to feel that way. Everyone does- even if everyone doesn't admit it!

I hear you!! And second that!

Snarky Belle said...

Laughter through the tears remember? Even in your charbroiled, over-cooked, coo coo cocoa puffs you make me laugh!
I'm sorry you feel this way. It sucks. I'm not even gonna tell you what I think could help...you know me well enough to know...it ain't chocolate or sex...but if you were on a beach, it would come with a cute little umbrella sticking out of it!

Ok, now I'll be a good friend. I'm thinking of you, I love you, and I understand that wanna get away feeling. Last week I told Jared that some weird survival instinct was kicking in, and that I felt like my legs were going to start running, and I just might never come back. I know so many women who feel this way. WHAT'S the deal???

Magic Brush said...

Love Natalie's thoughts... love cute little umbrella things! =)

You know we are sharing a brain right now.... life is HARD sometimes. But this too shall pass right? People keep telling me we will miss these days someday. I don't think I will miss some of it. I love ya girl. It's raining tonight. Hoping your husband is home rubbing your feet right now.

LA Law said...

I know just how you feel. Good Luck!

Heather said...

It must be in the air. Within moments of arriving home tonight, Isabella dumped crushed Cheerios on the couch and carpet, bit Caden on the hand (which resulted in hysterical screaming), and whined about nothing at all until she went to bed. Days like this make going back to work look appealing. Buy yourself something pretty; that always makes me feel better.

Mesha said...

you're allowed - we all have those days. I don't have a family (yet)however, i totally know the "wanting to get away" feeling. take some u time, get a pedicure, get u'r hair done or a massage, go on a date with Bill. If i lived closer I'd watch the kiddos for ya...OH, and if i'm giving up empty calorie drinks, give up u'r sugar cookies with me. :-) i love you, take it easy...

Unknown said...

Ha! I can just see me and Natalie with our legs running...running away...
Where's the Calgon when you need it?
The hot bubble bath thing never worked for me.
I think Heather is right...there is definately something in the air...spring fever.

Anie said...

I agree with Sam, I think everyone goes through that to some extent, but I think everyone feels a lot of pressure to be a certain way that it is ok to have a "off day" as long as you don't dwell on the negative, but of course I suck at that!

L said...

Girl, I totally feel ya! I'm on the brink of tears all day today(dealing with some bully issues at school) and just plain TIRED!

Maybe we should all meet up at Angels and get a pedi.

Girly Stuff said...

So when is it allowable and feasible to go away with your husband for a week? And not feel guilty. Or worry that one of the kids will get sick or mangled?

Because if it doesn't happen before they turn 18, I may lose my mind.

Catherine said...

Dude . . . I'm right there with ya