Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Barf Arama

So do you remember that great movie 'Stand by Me', when they are at the hot dog eating contest and someone barfs and then everyone precedes to barf and others run and scream. Very funny unless it is at your house, right before Sunday dinner....oh and did I mention we had invited four other families over for dinner. (if your reading this and your feelings are hurt you were not invited, consider yourself blessed) Yes, yes yes it happened...and so the story goes. I decided to invite these two families in our ward over for Sunday dinner, they are new and don't know anyone so I thought it would be a nice, fun gesture to have them over along with the two other families so that they could get to know some people. I cooked all day, everyone arrived the food was hot and ready to serve, the prayer was about to be said, when Jack started violently throwing up. It was horrible, I was like gee come for dinner go home with the flu! We started justifying it like maybe he drank to much, maybe he is just excited...Bill took him upstairs, I told everyone to leave! But....they decided to stay for dinner in hopes that he wasn't really sick. Bill brought him back downstairs and you guessed it...round two. People were running for the door, and I was looking for a hole to hide in. Lilly followed Jack in this fun event, and its been a long couple of days. What a great first impression...and an exciting story of impeccable timing. I am sharing this because one looses many laughs if he can't laugh at himself. It was pretty funny, and while were looking for positives at least Jack threw up every time on the hardwood floors, Lilly hit the toliet and we had lots of leftovers.

10 comments:

Amber said...

I'm laughing too hard right now! Probably because it wasn't at my house! Dinner was great and you'll be happy to know that...knock on wood...No one here got the flu and we'll be heading to Dallas tommorrow!

Kiera said...

Nasty! I am sorry you had to go through that! Hope everyone is getting better!

L said...

Oh Shauna honey I am SO sorry but that was FUN to read!

Magic Brush said...

You're killin' me girl... killin' me. Poor Jack... at least he is too young to be mortified.

Unknown said...

Oh nice! Invite the friends over for a case of the flu!

Magic Brush said...

PS That's the best post title I've seen in awhile!

Catherine said...

That is hilarious. So sorry. I hate having sick kids

Snarky Belle said...

So of course I am sorry you had to endure that, but what a fantastically funny story...like you said, as long as you aren't the one living it! I hope everyone is on the mend! Thank goodness for hardwood and toilets! :)

McAtee Family said...

Fingers are still crossed and knocking on wood, but we are all healthy.

Sam Ransom said...

Oh man!! That is the worst! I've determined that Sariah doesn't get sick in terms of a running nose or cough. It is always throw up. It just stinks!