Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Oh Crap!!!
Like I said in an earlier post, I am done air brushing my blog. This is my life as a real mom and some mornings are just "crappy" and this one might take the cake. I am driving to teach aerobics this morning happy as can be, my kids are all better from the stomach flu, the sun is shinning..its colder than @#@#$ but the sun is shinning, I am on time, I am still on an adrenaline high from enrichment last night at church ( we had a service auction, I was the auctionare...I didn't fall on my butt like I did at the last one..and I won three dinners) anyway...Lilly is reading a book and Jack is sitting quietly just looking around. He wasn't hitting Lilly, screaming, throwing his breakfast, just quietly sitting (this should have been my first warning, I mean come on Shauna this is MOM 101, the number one rule as mother..if your child is being unusually quite, they are either sick or doing something they shouldn't be!) So then Lilly goes, "Mom did you toot?" I say, "No Lilly, I think that horrible smell is sulfer or something else out side." (Second clue I missed in my Polly Pollyanna life is great mood)! Lilly says, "Mom, something really stinks..you need to go back home and take a bath?" I say, "Lilly, I didn't toot...please stop the potty talk, it is not appropiate, nothing that stinky could come out of a human..its something outside." So, we arrive at work. I undo Jacks car seat and go to pull him out and I say, "Oh, Crap!!!" (that is not really what I said but I don't want to tarnish my perfect image too much. There is poop everywhere, and I mean everywhere all the way up to his hair line, its pooled in the bottom of the car seat, down his leg..you get the picture! I try not to panic or to call in the nation guard, or FEMA, I go into mommy mode. Let me just say it took thirty minutes (now I am late to start my class),an entire box of wipes, three trash bags one for his clothes, one for the carnage and the last one was used to cover his car seat so I could get him home, and I had to dry off using paper towels after class because my towel was used to transport the child from the car to the daycare. Hey, it can only get better from here...right??? If any of my posts involve bodily functions in the coming days, I might loose it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
OH honey..... you are KILLIN' ME!!!!!!! Poor Jack. My ultra sensitive gag reflex would have totally been kickin' in. I'm so sorry!!!
I am SO sorry you had to deal with that on a day like today. I would much rather clean up the four legged poop than the two legged any day. LOL Don't trade him in for a new one yet.............these memories will become the laughter of future conversations.
Oh Shauna, I am so sorry. I really don't know what else to say! Looking for better days ahead!!
OOOOH...no he didn't!
Burn the carseat.
Burn the clothes.
Someday you'll laugh right?
OH! I AM SO SORRY! HORRIBLE!
hee hee. I have so been there! Hope Jack is ok and you have a better day tomorrow. You can never have to many wipes in the car.
Okay I know it is bad but this made me laugh so hard!! I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time. But picturing this I had to laugh. I hope the bodily functions can get under control in your house. Now I know what to by you- wipes and trash bags!
Sounds like you've had a fun few days at your house. I'm still waiting for my "Holy #$%@" mommy moment...Isabella has been kind to us. I much rather prefer to read about your moments :) I hope everyone's feeling better.
Are you Kidding me what is up with boys and there POOOO and messes? You have had quite the week. I am just glad at least this time we didn't get you all sick! You are going to have a great week this week!
Shauna, love the last two posts! Isn't it freeing to just write about whatever you want? The good and the bad. After all, it IS YOUR BLOG. Besides, we've ALL been there . . . with days of poop going everywhere, (and vomit too!)
Thanks for the laugh & the nice visual imagery. That's the mark of a good writer and storyteller!
Shauna, you are sooo funny. I know I should be sorry, too but that post just made me laugh. I have so been there. Weston was on Augmentin about a month ago, oh yea he's on it again for a nonstop ear infection, anyway the last time he was on it the boy had the worst diarrhea I've ever seen come out of anyone. And as you know I've seen my fair share of poop. And man did it stink. Ah, the joys of motherhood;)
You weren't kidding when you mentioned in church yesterday that your blog was not airbrushed.
wowzers, what a sucky day.
Hey Shauna!! It's Lindsay. Your blog is great. I love that it's not "air brushed." You kill me. AND I won't fail to mention that you are a darn good auctioneer! How did you feel about that fight that almost broke out involving me and Melissa's amazing FAMILY thing I won...
That is the horrible. I swear it always happens at the worst times.
We got back from Disney World Tuesday. Chad resigned himself to the fact that he would have to use a wheelchair. He refused to get the Jazzy so I spent the week getting buff pushing him around. He said, "It probably isn't any different than pushing the stroller." Yeah only 190 lbs different. We had fun reguardless. Thanks.
Post a Comment