Monday, November 10, 2008

My last political rant?

Yes, I am still trying not to eat!!! And NO, it will not be my last rant. But my dear friend Jennifer Allwood sent this article to me today it was written by Dutch Sheets whom is an internationally known preacher in the Christian faith, the entire article was great and based on his thoughts about the election. This section however, to me, hit the nail on the head as far as my feelings and convictions about this election. I felt like he was able to say in words, what I feel in my heart.


For those, both within the Church and without, who voted money over
morality-a potential raise or better health insurance over the life of
a baby-there will be judgment. (The irony is that this decision to
base one's vote on the hopes of a better economy won't produce the
hoped for result anyway. The scriptures teach that it is righteousness
which exalts a nation and that the nation is blessed whose God is the
Lord.)
I have heard the argument that God cares as much about social
justice issues (such as poverty and racism) as He does abortion,
making a vote for Obama OK. I certainly believe God puts a very high
priority on caring for the poor and I, too, have wanted to see equality
demonstrated through a "minority"
president. But to equate having a better income or the desire for a
first black president, regardless of his positions on abortion and
morality, to the issue of killing 50 million babies is not justice-it
is a gross distortion of justice and great deception. I fear that we
have been desensitized to this issue of abortion. I believe it kills
babies and takes innocent life. I also believe it is blood sacrifice that
empowers demons. Let's not forget this in our noble
attempts to be kind and conciliatory.

By: Dutch Sheets

1 comment:

Gray Family said...

*Thanks for sharing your blog. Your kids are growing up too fast. They are darling. Jack is all grown up. What happened to our babies? Mine goes to preschool and dance, can you believe it?
*We share your pain on the upcoming 4 years. It is scary!!!! I knew the media would make sure he won so I have been preparing for it for quite some time.
*Sorry my blog is so much like a brag letter. Chad's parents are on a mission and we want to let them know what the kids are doing.
*I saw Anne H. today and we were saying we should all get together next time you are home.
*It is good to hear from you! Talk to you later. Alicia