(Found Jack making "snow angles" in the cheerios he dumped on the floor, I only wish I could have gotten to my camera faster.... While I was vacuuming up cheerios he made it to his favorite place, the toilet where he managed to make a mess!)
I was checking my cousins blog, in which she talks about a blog she follows adailyscoop.blogspot.com. It is about a family whom tragically looses there daughter in a drowning accident, and her journey as a mother after this tragedy. The title of one of her posts is "New Mother" She talks about how since the accident she see's her children with completely different eyes, and how before she would always be stressed out and short with her children. She shows a picture of the girl whom passed away playing in the toilet, smiling and making a mess. She then talks about how she would give anything to hear her giggle when she finds her, and to be present in that moment just one more time. It really hit me hard, because Jack is the same age as the little girl and he tooooo has a fascination with toilets! I am always complaining about the constant mess he is making with wet toilet paper, and wishing away this mischievous stage. But today I am too a New mother after reading her story, and when I chased Jack in his mad dash for the toilet, I had to giggle as he looked up at me with his sneaky grin...and hurried and splashed the water before I picked him up. This is my constant battle as a mother to be present in the moment, because none of us know when it might be our last. The crazy thing is, as I changed my eyes and attitude today with my children...I too was happier. I pray for all of us mothers in our journey to find balance in all our challenges, that we can just be present and enjoy our blessing and our time with our children. With all the negativity and uneasiness in the world I am grateful for this day and my little stinker Jack!! I also pray that everyone flushes the toilet:)


4 comments:
She was right! They grow up WAY too fast. It seems like yesterday, when I was chasing my babies around and cleaning up the messes they would make, and I remember all too well of how it stressed me out. Life is very precious and so are they. Enjoy them while you have them. A neighbor of mine said, "God gave mothers teenagers so that when they grew up and moved away, mothers wouldn't be sad". That is only true for about the first six months, I know. Enjoy your beautiful little ones now.
Thanks for that! Zach is almost past the toilet fascination. I try to laugh at messes but some days It takes me a little longer. I am grateful to have two beautiful healthy babies. I know I am very blessed.
Thanks for the sweet reminder. It's such a short period of life...these baby toliet years. I blinked and my kids were grown up. Now it's the smelly trashed bedrooms. I just choose not to go in there.
I agree. The other night I had this thought. That babies make you really live "in the moment." They grow so fast and it is all fun and new and changing. It is so hard to remember back to when they were new borns. You just really have to live right then with them. Enjoy that moment with them.
Post a Comment