So....McCain lost! Obama will be our president for the next 4 years. I feel like I got really wrapped up in this election. I know my anxiety and enthusiasm was a fight for what I believe to be true, what I hold dear in my heart. I fear everyday that we are becoming more and more liberal, aka the most liberal senator just won president of the United States of America. I worry for our children and our grandchildren. It seems like the traditional conservative values are being lost. Alexis had a mock election in her class yesterday, she got in the car and said, "Mom I was the only person in my class to vote for McCain." It was really hard to be the only one to vote for McCain, but I did it and I know it was right. I was so proud of her and I think we have a responsibility as parents despite what is going on around us to teach our children to stand up for what we believe in even if it is not the popular thing to do. It is up to us individually to keep the values and principles of this great nation alive, and stand proud of who we are. One more side note....As I drove to work today Jack was picking on Lilly. He was pinching her, trying to take her book etc.. I said Lilly, "What are we going to do with that boy? He is a stinker." She so sweetly replied, " Mom all we can do is keep him and love him." So as I am not thrilled with the new president we have no choice but to keep him and love him.(I am not saying its going to be easy!) I pray his heart will be softened and that this country can come together.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Proud Conservative Republican
So....McCain lost! Obama will be our president for the next 4 years. I feel like I got really wrapped up in this election. I know my anxiety and enthusiasm was a fight for what I believe to be true, what I hold dear in my heart. I fear everyday that we are becoming more and more liberal, aka the most liberal senator just won president of the United States of America. I worry for our children and our grandchildren. It seems like the traditional conservative values are being lost. Alexis had a mock election in her class yesterday, she got in the car and said, "Mom I was the only person in my class to vote for McCain." It was really hard to be the only one to vote for McCain, but I did it and I know it was right. I was so proud of her and I think we have a responsibility as parents despite what is going on around us to teach our children to stand up for what we believe in even if it is not the popular thing to do. It is up to us individually to keep the values and principles of this great nation alive, and stand proud of who we are. One more side note....As I drove to work today Jack was picking on Lilly. He was pinching her, trying to take her book etc.. I said Lilly, "What are we going to do with that boy? He is a stinker." She so sweetly replied, " Mom all we can do is keep him and love him." So as I am not thrilled with the new president we have no choice but to keep him and love him.(I am not saying its going to be easy!) I pray his heart will be softened and that this country can come together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Look at this fancy blog! Great Job!
I have blinged up my blog baby.
Hey new layout- i like!! This looks more like the shauna that I know!! Amen sista! Your not the only one fearing what the next 4 years will bring. Scary times i might say. But here's hoping for the best:)
Love the new look, it is much more you! :)
Way to go Alexis...and that speaks volumes about the wonderful parents she has. And, "love him and keep him"...that is priceless.
Hot blog!! You are going to out do us all!! I love that the girls were all decked out for the elections!!
Look at your bling girl!! You are a true patriot.
Those girls of your are so cute. Well, so is Jack. I can't leave him out . . .
Allison's kindergarten class had an "election" to and it's so funny to hear her say Barack Obama. She doesn't say it right, and I don't correct her! I think I like the way she pronounces it and it give me a big smile on my face.
I can 't believe how fast she is growing and changing now that she's in kindergarten! Wow.
ps: I like the blog "do" too. Sometime, when I take the time, I'll fix mine up too
Now thats what I am talking about way to go mom you are the best. Teach those girls what this nation is really about! Thats what I am talking about@!
Post a Comment