Ten years ago to the day, I started teaching water aerobics. I was a therapist at Kansas City Physical Therapy group, and the community center was under construction. They asked if one of the therapists would be interested in teaching the classes. My boss at the time said, "Ya sure, Shauna would be great at it!" I remember thinking....what did I just get myself into. I took all the training classes and then on the first day ten years ago, I showed up and lined noodles and equipment up and down the pool, only to have one lady show up for my first class. The next class I had five wonderful ladies show up. Mary, Eleni, Clarine, May, and Betty. Mary, Eleni and Clarine, ten years later still come every MWF to class. May and Betty passed on but are watching us from above. Ten years ago, I was a newly wed, 24yr old girl, driving a red convertible, living in an apartment with no kids and my boobs were still perky:) Ten years later, three kids, three cars, and three houses later I am still teaching. I went from a couple ladies to an average of 80 people signing up every month to take my classes. Who would have thought that day, I would have started one of the greatest journeys of my life. I LOVE my job, I get to spend everyday with the most amazing people who make me laugh, give me perspective and inspire me (did I mention I make money also!!!) Anyhow, I wanted to thank everyone for there love and support and for those who have passed I know your watching over us. Here is to another 10 years of fun, sweat and friendship.
Hey...you all will pay for the bunny ears on Wednesday, extra frog hops!!!
Clarine, Mary and Eleni...part of my original 5 ladies:
Talking about all that has happened in the last 10 years and how far we have come:


9 comments:
Those ladies are so darn cute! Congrats on 10 years! Those ladies have seen you through 3 kids!!
nice, REALLY nice Shauna! no, we are so glad to have you because you are great at what you do and have such a loving and compassionate heart. I don't know that I ever would have started my weight loss journey (surely not this soon as least) had it not been for you. I Love You Shauna!
Congratulations girl! Very few people stick with anything for 10 years. That is a great accomplishment! I can tell you love what you do and "your peeps" love you!
I've always been inspired with you and your job. If you weren't so far away, I'd go to take your classes. I know you are the best teacher out there. 10 years of staying at the same job is amazing. So much has happened and changed over the last 10 years for you...amazing! Congratulations.
AH!!! Shauna - I am so proud of you. You inspire so many people - and not just those who go to your class - but your friends too.
Congratulations!
Love you girl!
Wow! Congrads on 10 years!! That is AWESOME!! I would love to take your class! I think you would be an amazing and fun teacher. If you ever teach up north.... I bet those ladies just love you! What a bond to have them in a class with you for 10 years!
How great to love your job! And they all love you!
Jealous!
Your bod needs no air brushing! You're a babe with a sassy attitude and that's why we all love you! Congrats on a decade doing what you love!
You don't need make-up or air brushing!! You are fabulous.
I've always admired you for many reasons..among the reasons is the work you do!!
Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary!
Post a Comment