Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Baby is 2!!

We had no party plans but I knew if I put up the water slide, they (the neighbor kids) would come... and they did. Then our friends stopped by with more cookies and bubbles..thanks Zack and Darci.


I kept asking him if he wanted a cake...and he would frown and say, "NO! Cookies!" So we had cookies.



Jack has moved from the bows and purses, to having an obsession with wearing this baseball helmet...all the time! (Dads happy.)

Last Friday Jack turned two! I cannot believe it. I have been hesitating on this post because to type it makes it reality. What a joy he is to our family. I love his fish lip kisses, when he dances to the radio, the way he gets into a three point football stance and says, "Hut!! 2,3" and then runs and tackles someone... (Dad says he is coming off a little high but there is still time to perfect his form..."No pressure son, you can play whatever position you want:)!"). I love when he folds his arms during a prayer and squeezes his eyes shut tight...peaks...then shuts and says, "AMEN", I love how he calls Lilly, "Wilwe", and Alexis, "Wexis". I love when every white truck we pass on the road he hyperventilates with excitement because he thinks it is his daddy. He likes to be read too, he loves trucks and terrorizing his sisters, but would rather play with a ball than anything else. He loves his blue blanket and baba(sippy cup). He always keeps me busy, but I wouldn't change a thing. He is such a joy and a blessing to our family. Love you Jack!!

9 comments:

Mesha said...

he is sooo stinkin' cute. I love it when kids pray too, they are adorable. You've got a good little man comin' up there Shauna!

Lori said...

Wow! Jack is already two? Where does the go? I miss seeing you in church on Sundays with your little chicks in tow. They are sooo beautiful......just like their mother. Jack is the spitting image of Bill.

Magic Brush said...

Look at those cookies! Better than a cake anyday!!!!! How fun!

I can't believe he is 2 either. I also can't believe his birthday gift is still sitting in my entryway. Ug....I'm sorry.

We love you Jack!

Unknown said...

He really is a joy.

Snarky Belle said...

He is such a cutie!!! Happy Birthday to your precious boy!

(On a selfish note...I can't believe your kids don't even know me! My kids should know you and vice versa. Ughhhhhh!!)

L said...

Happy Birthday Baby Jack! We love you and your mama too!

McAtee Family said...

Could he be any cuter? We love our Jack and can't believe he is 2 already!!

Sam Ransom said...

Wow it doesn't even seem like that long ago that you were pregnant! Crazy!! The cookies are super cute!

Anonymous said...

You made me cry. Thanks for that. They grow so fast, Shauna. Praise God you are able to enjoy them and spend your days with them. What a blessing! Remember every moment! I can't believe mine are grown. I am often found kissing pics of them when they were babies and crying. My boys have threatened to make me seek help. Sigh. :)