Monday, June 1, 2009
It takes a village
I truly believe that it takes a village to raise a child, and part of our village just moved. Our dear friends and neighbors Dave and Sue moved this week to Canada. We will miss them so much. Dave and Sue were so dear to my children, we called them our surrogate grandparents. The spoiled and loved my children and for that I am forever grateful. As a mother you pray for your children to be surrounded by people who will love and build them up. They were an answer to my prayers. We will miss them more than they will ever know. There influence and friendship has been a priceless gift to our family. The kids loved making cookies with them, having tea parties, helping Mr. Dave hang Christmas lights, having Ms. Sue as there favorite teacher, running Sue down every time she went for a walk to talk to her about there day, Jack tackling Mr. Dave every time he saw him, the kids screaming in the car when we pulled up to the house and they were outside..."Hi, Mr.Dave, Hi, Ms. Sue!" , every time the kids baked they were the grateful recipients of our treats. Although they are far away, they will always be our surrogate grandparents. For now... as Lilly says, "We can be pin pals, I just hope Mr.Dave remembers to bring us Kinder Eggs."



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Oh honey. Alexis's poor face made me well up with tears. I'm so sorry. I know you will miss them terribly. I'll pray one of the other houses around you will bring some people to bless your lives.
Miss Sue.... she is a gem, isn't she?
Oh, that makes me so sad. I don't know what it is with you and your neighbors moving! You are so great to befriend them all. I wouldn't even know if my neighbors moved unless I happened to see the moving truck in their driveway.
Now that's just sad!
I am not near old enough to be a grandma, but I volunteer to help fill part of the hole they left in your babies hearts.
awww, that is sad. :( it's always sad to see someone go - poor Alexis, that made me sad. They've definately left an impression on her heart.
I have heard you talk about them before. They just sound like the best people. I hope Canada is good to them!
(Wish we could afford to move in your neighborhood!! :))
Post a Comment