It has always bothered me how you could see the curtain rod in Lilly's room. Being bored and unable to go to the pool led me to having to find a 'free project'. I found a piece of pink faux silk fabric and layed it on top of the rod to see how it would look. It wouldn't stay, so I got some thumb tacks to hold it up while I decided if the fabric looked good enough to sew a valance. Well, I kept using the tacks, and started bunching the fabric up and pinning it as I went....it was looking stinkin cute! What started as a sewing project led to one of the Nester's famous "Mistreatments!" I thought...what the heck, no one will even know there are a bunch of thumb tacks up there. I got some ribbon out of my bow box and tadaaaaa!
Before:

After:


10 comments:
Way to 'mistreat' your curtain! I think it added better proportion too! Good job.
wow...that looks great, and no one (well, other than us) will ever know that it was thumb tacked. I can't wait to have a place of my own where i can just get creative. since i'm renting, I don't have the creative liberties to venture out and be spontaneous. Ay! one day, one day! so when do i get the grand tour? huh, huh??? one of the all so famous "Shauna Salads" that I've heard Jennifer refer to. :) see u 2morrow - H20 party style. haha. ((hugs))
Girl do you ever quit???? Thats why I love ya.... making something out of nothing. I had no idea that window totally needed something until you see the after shot and have an "a-ha" moment. That is the cutest mistreatment I have ever seen!!!!
Love, Love, Love it! Way to go!
Girl, you have so much talent!!! It's beautiful!
Thanks again for my lamp! It is oh so beautiful and I love, love, love it!
Great thinking! That window went from pretty to yummy! Who would have thought?
I.am.so.impressed.I.can't.speak!!!
Wow! It looks awesome! Truly the cherry on top for an already amazing room!
What else can you do with thumb tacks? World peace?
Oh LOVE that! It really makes the window fit better in the room!
Love it...Miss Crafty!!
Love it and love you!
Post a Comment