My husband busting me in the garage, I told him he can help or get out of my way! Oh, and he said, "Did you check with Jen before you started this!" I say, " Are you doubting me... she might be the master faux painter...but I can work me a can of spray paint." He said, "Well you better have a back up plan that doesn't involve buying a new door, if this doesn't work...your not pulling that trick on me again!"
Now SERIOUSLY... that is spray painting at its finest!! Smooth as butter baby! I even spray painted the hardware, it was all rusted and nasty. I then made a flower arrangement for the front door. I even re-spray painted my pots so they would be shinny black.
I am in Love with the shinny red door at Talbots! When we bought this house 6 years ago it was ALL white from the inside out...the shutters, the door EVERYTHING. Anyone who knows me KNOWS I am not a plain Jane kinda gal. Before the boxes were even unpacked, I painted the door red, hoping to get the shinny red "Talbots" look. I wasn't quite adventurous enough, and it was red, but dull and muted. So...a year later I tried again, still not really what I was wanting. Waited 5 years and the red started to fade and lean a little pinkish. So I took matters into my own hands. I finally got the guts, and got 5 cans of "Glossy" Cherry Red spray paint! Let me tell ya, It is red! Shinny Red! Go big or go home! It is red! Oh, I love it! So if you don't....well your boring!
Not red...but man they are beautiful! Kimba at ASPTL is having a garden party go check it out.


22 comments:
That IS red hot, baby! I've never seen your house in person, but from the pics on your blog, I'm totally diggin on it. Inside AND out!
Oooh Lah Lah baby, Oooh Lah Lah!
Love it, love it, did I mention I LOVE it?!?
By the way, when my mom was visiting I showed her your blog and pics of how you rock the bling! She was in love....have I ever mentioned how similar your taste and Snarky Mama's are? VERY similar!!! And how weird is this...she LOVES the Talbots door. She is a go big or go home kind of girl too. I want to be, but I don't have the eye that either of you do, so I'm pretty much a big ol' chicken. Maybe when I move to my new house, I'll find the courage to be adventurous.
rock on, good work chica! my folks house door is red too. our accent wall out our youth outreach in the great mall is bright red too - I really think it makes things "pop." so yea, walked 1 1/2-almost 2 hours 2nite at the cancer relay for life - oh man, my hip and knee are starting to heat up again. no bueno babe, no bueno. much love, have a great weekend.
Love it... Now you have inspired me!! Our front door NOW needs a good spray paint job!! The red looks awesome btw!!
So stinkin' SASSY! I love it!
Girl if I leave you alone for a minute you are totally painting something!!!!!!!!
I love the color. We may steal the grill. I won't steal your door. But I love it. It's like red sexy lipstick! Oh la la!!!
Sassy Sassy Sassy! Do you ever stop? It looks great, I love the red grill also, way to go, you are awesome! Love you and miss you, thanks so much for letting us stay and play at your house for a few days you guys are the best!!!
I have been checking it out all week trying to decide if you painted it or if the red flowers were really, really making your front door pop. I should have known you painted it!
It looks wonderful!
That's it. I am making plans to come over to your house. Your red door is the last straw, I'm in love with it.
I like it! I bet it looks really good in person.
Love, Love, Love the RAD, RED Talbots door! You are so talented. Don't let anyone tell you no! You go girl. I am all about color these days. Look out!
The door is just stunning!
Love the RED!!!
Love red doors and yours turned out fab!
Love the hot red door! And the grill too. Fabulous job! Do you want to come & spray paint mine?
Your red front door is fabulous! It really pops against your white siding. I wouldn't have thought to spray paint a door! That sure is a lot easier than brushing for hours.
'Ragious Red! Looks fab!
I applaud you for being BOLD red with the front door. Mine is still boring white. I am undecided on what color to paint it...I guess if I don't like it, I can always paint it another color!
I love it!!! So shiny! It made me want to come in and buy a pantsuit!
You are gutsy...that's for sure.
And the grill is great! I had no idea it came in red!
Just found your blog & am enjoying reading it! LOVE the red door and the red grill! Patti
I love your red door! Love it! Love it! Love it!
I never thought to spray paint something like that. You're brilliant!
Kimba
Lovin the red door and your beautiful orange lilies!
We are replacing our front door soon with a red one. CAN'T WAIT! I'll post about it so you can see the difference.
Thanks for stopping by and come back soon!
Post a Comment