The first time I met Bill's family they walked around to show me their farm. We came up to a fenced in area with a BULL in it. I turned and asked Bill's Dad, "So, what is the bull for?? Rodeos and stuff?" I will never forget the horror on my now husbands face, and then the look his dad gave me. I am sure he wanted to say..."No you dumb city slicker, it is to impregnate the cows!" He instead, sweetly told me about the birds n the bees 'cow style'. I am grateful to this day they still let me marry their son. Last weekend we went to Bill's parents beautiful farm lake to go fishing. I was a little nervous about hooking the bate and all....but I really had fun. It was the most beautiful day because it was overcast and a little cool. I even had to borrow a sweatshirt when we got there.
Jack caught the first fish..

Bling sunglasses and bedazzled earrings really help attract the fish:) Don't let the smile fool you...I was secretly freaked out the fish was going to bite me, but I was acting tough so no one would make fun of the city girl.

Alexis and her prized fish

Gramma and Jack

This fishing thing is pretty fun...could someone bring me a Diet Coke?

Lilly patiently awaiting a bite.


Grandpa Kenny (of course) caught the biggest fish of the day!

Team work!!! Alexis caught a "big one" and was having trouble pulling it in...but her experienced cousin Gracie came to the rescue with the net. It was so cute to watch them.

Completely exhausted!!!
10 comments:
OMG! I'm so PROUD of you for going fishing! Fishing is one of my favorite past-times. I'm so proud I might cry!!
That is fun! The things we do for our husbands and kids. You definitely look cute with your blonde self!
And no one can fish without a diet coke in hand. That is what actually attracts the fish.
I am so proud of you too. Worms and fish are (in the words of our friend, Girly Stuff)...."ick".
You look cute as a button as usual!
The smile on Alexis' face says it all!
i just cannot believe how big Jack is getting. I actually will have some fishing pictures to come myself as we went to my friends folks house - they have acres in gardner. IT WAS MY FIRST and likely my last fishing experience. BUT HEY, at least I can say I did it. I must be more of a city girl than you because you couldn't pay me to touch a fish AND DEFINATELY not a worm. YUCK!!! oh no, it's making me gag already. i am scared of bugs...oh no, no way i'm touching anything larger. *shiver*
I'm so proud of you holding that fish...I seriously would prolly pass out if I had to HOLD one. I didn't see the cooler with ice cold diet coke though....
Such a great experience for the kids!
Go you! I'm not sure I could hold the fish. I think that should more than make up for the rodeo comment! hehe So cute!
Ummmm....what has happened?!? I am clipping coupons, you are fishing - there has to be something in the water. This just isn't normal.
You still look SASSY fishing... Looks like you guys had alot of Fun!!
Chad is jealous of Bill's parent's property. It would be his dream come true to be able to fish that close to our house. I am honestly proud of you. I always try to act tough but I cannot make myself hold a squirmy fish. Chad wants me to learn how to fly fish so we can fish together on his off week. It would take some serious counseling for me to be able to take a fish off the hook. He might just have to take up shopping instead.
Post a Comment